Monday, August 4, 2014

Sometimes life gets in the way...

This tri season, I've really struggled. I haven't been putting in the type of effort that I put in last season. I want to. I try to. But my mind is all over the place! 

I thought this summer was going to be all about training! At the end of my first year as a high school special education teacher, I was told to enjoy the summer. Don't work if you don't have to. Since I chose not to work, I thought I could train like a professional triathlete! I had the highest expectations!

Reality came when summer finally arrived. The first week, I was preparing for race weekend (Folsom Long Course). So I was trying to focus on race mode. While also trying to relax after a great, yet intense first year of teaching.

After that week, I was going into full on wedding planning! There was a whole lot that I didn't realize I would be thinking about. There are so many options, decisions, and once I thought I made the perfect decision, I began to second guess and worry about what I would think about those decisions in years to come. Decorations! Who would have thought that I would worry about decorations! I worry that what I like now would later look tacky when I look back at pictures.

On top of that, I am engaged! And I plan to only be engaged once in my lifetime. And I want to enjoy it with my wonderful fiancĂ©. Which I have :) And I have been loving every moment of it! While we love enjoying brunch when we can, brunch is peak training time! Thus, training took the back seat. 

dancing in the street with my silly fiancé :)


But you know what? There's always next year's race season. Sometimes, you need to allow life to get in the way and enjoy it. I know this year is going to make me an even better athlete. If I don't allow it now, I may regret it later. And nothing is worse than regret! So, though I haven't been placing on many podiums this year, I know its not the end of the world. I'll get married. I'll enjoy every moment of it. And then, I'll get back in the game! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment