Saturday, August 2, 2014

Lady Thighs - my running shorts review

Its funny, as my long training day mileage increases, I'm realizing that my favorite go-to running shorts just aren't cutting it!

Personally, I LOVE booty shorts. I'm sorry, I just really love how comfortable they are. Well... sorry, not sorry :) My mama blessed me with some good leg genes and I can't help but show off my favorite asset.

But many of my booty shorts that I wear to boot camp and track just don't quite work for long runs. I'm constantly fighting against their tendencies to ride up... and you know when booty shorts ride up, they no longer look like shorts, gurl!

At track, I love wearing track shorts. I have a Pearl Izumi pair that has a high slit. As well as an adidas high slit short (which sadly I think they have discontinued them) and lululemon running shorts with a somewhat high slit. All of those that I mentioned are great for track workouts and my shorter runs during the week but when I started adding miles (16+ long runs), I also added chaffing scars :( I was sad cause I loved each one of those shorts but my non-gap thighs just kept scrapping and tearing at each other.

And so, I began my search for cute shorts that will accommodate my beautiful, lady thighs. And I came upon a pair of spandex running shorts at my beloved lululemon (you have to admit that they have got some way cute stuff!). I had high hopes. I love spandex shorts and they are lululemon... what could go wrong?

*Just ran 22 miles in these babies*

Well, so far, I have used these shorts for boot camp, track and a 22 mile long run. And for all of the events mentioned, these shorts have been WONDERFUL! I love them! I will definitely wear these for the Santa Rosa Marathon!

I didn't experience any chaffing, riding up, or crazy other actions that some other shorts like to do. These were absolutely perfect for me. They are long enough that my thighs won't rub against each other yet they are short enough to still be airy and cute.

Plus there are so many pockets! There is a zipper in the back, 2 pockets in the band for keys and such AND there are two side pockets - perfect for holding a gel or whatever nutritional item that you would need during your run.

I would highly recommend them :) I would put up a link to their site but lululemon isn't selling these specific shorts on their website. I purchased mine in store at their Union Street location (San Francisco). Hope you get a chance to check out a pair!

No comments:

Post a Comment