Monday, August 4, 2014

Challenges

Since completing Ironman Cozumel last December, I have been trying to find new ways to challenge myself. This year, I have decided to see how fast I could push myself to run a marathon. While I have done 3 marathons in the past, I never looked at my time (nor did I even wear a watch to run races) and focused on surviving whatever distance was ahead of me. This time around (3 years since my last marathon), I wanna see what these mighty legs could do!

But as that marathon approaches, I am looking beyond that and wanna see how else I can challenge my body. And I'm debating if I could do a 50k. Can my legs hold up for over 30 miles? Will the hills be too much to handle?

I think as I become a cross country coach this year for Balboa High School, I need to push myself as much as I need to push my athletes. As I race, I know I think about them (as well as my tennis team) and know I can't be a hypocrite. I push them to dig deep in themselves and become the best athlete that they can be. As I race, I need to do the same.

Here's to new adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment