Monday, January 1, 2018

2018 Race Schedule


2017 was a year of newness. My husband started a new job, I started a new job and my son started daycare. Trying to keep up with training on top of all of these changes was too difficult than I was willing to accept. Training for a marathon was draining. I was adjusting to the struggles of work (after taking a year for maternity leave) and trying to make sure my son got as much Mommy time as I could give, they whatever energy I had left went to running miles. My mind, body and heart were not ready to train the amount that I knew I needed to put in for the results that I wanted. So instead, I made the decision to focus on letting myself happy. I trained with my team for enjoyment and ran on weekends to stay sane. I am so happy with choice I made. But now, 2018 has started and I'm ready to give it my all!

On top of teaching at my new high school, I have also become a bodypump instructor (and am working on my cycling certification) - and absolutely love it! 


2018 Race Schedule
  • January Pacifica Foothills Trail Half Marathon
  • February 4: Kaiser Half Marathon
  • March 11: Reach for a Start 5k
  • April 8: SACTown 10 miler
  • April 15: Napa HITs Olympic Triathlon
  • May 6: Danville Mile of Truth
  • June 24: One Mile Bang
  • August 26: Santa Rosa Marathon
  • December 2: CIM Marathon

No comments:

Post a Comment