Friday, April 22, 2016

2016 Update

Its been an incredibly long time since I last posted! Many things have occured since my last post and i'll just list them here:


  • I got scuba certified! I wanted to make sure I got the opportunity to explore the amazing sea life in the Philippines.

Scuba Certification through San Francisco Scuba School

  • My hubby and I went on our honeymoon in the Philippines! We covered ground in Cebu and Palawan (specifically El Nido).
    • The first thing we did in Cebu was stay at the Shangri-La (host hotel for Ironman Philippines 70.3). Incredible place and the most amazing staff! They make every single competitor feel like they are a professional athlete! The customer service we received throughout the Philippines was absolutely superb! 

The day we arrived it rained but it felt great with all of the humidity.
Enjoying some coffee and snacks before heading up to our beautiful room at the Shangri-La Cebu.



  • By Sunday, the sun came out and graced all of the IM athletes with some strong humidity! It was so hot!!! Thank goodness I had been mentally and physically training for intense heat and humidity! 
    • IM Philippines Cebu is by far my favorite race I have ever competed in! The entire experience was incredible! I teared up from all of the support the community showered each of the athletes as we travelled through town on bike or on foot.
    • I was even more teared up when I found out I got 2nd place in my age group!!! My time was even fast enough to take 3rd place overall amateur female! Guess all of that training really did help!
2nd Place in 30-34 age group and qualified for IM World Championships 70.3!
  • The rest of our honeymoon was spent in El Nido, Palawan. First, our Tao Excursion followed by a beautiful stay at the Apulit El Nido resort.











  • After an incredible 2015 full of checking off items from our bucket list, we found out that we were pregnant! We are extremely excited to be welcoming a little boy into our tiny family in May 2016 :)
"Thank You Run" 10k trail run Thanksgiving Day - 17 weeks pregnant

No comments:

Post a Comment