Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Running Outfit

I've joked around about my running outfits a lot in the past months but in all honesty, I truly believe that it is important! Just like my nails, I want to look fierce to be fierce! I want to feel confident in my clothes which will resonate in my race results.

Its not just the look, its the whole outfit. Not only does the outfit need to be cute, it has to be extremely functional. For instance, I bought a couple adorable sports bras from Victoria's Secret and I used to love them. used to... That was before I started chaffing and scabbing around the bra band area. When enough was enough, I headed to the internet to do research on non-chaffing, high-impact supportive bras. I found a beautiful pair at Nike.com and I had to try it out. I purchased one at the Nike store a couple blocks from my home and ran the Oakland Half Marathon with it. I quickly fell in love with the Nike Pro Rival! It was all that I could ask for. I am hopeful that it keeps proving itself for the better.


But now I've got to think about my running shorts. I have tried out so many different shorts and I continue to go to the same pair for races. While I don't think they are the cutest set that I have purchased, they are definitely going to keep me going the entire duration of a race. One of the worst things to experience during a race is chaffing! Even if there's no chaffing or burn, if a pair of shorts needs to be constantly pulled down or adjusted, I just can't waste my time!

So, I like my shorts that I have been wearing but they aren't cute and I feel like my whole attire for my last race was just not put together well. Nothing was bright and nothing stood out! It was basic. And I hate being just basic!

Since Lululemon stopped making the style of running shorts that I adore, I decided to try out some Nike 5" Epic Run Lux shorts. I tried on the Epic Runs in the store and ended up ordering a pink pair (since they didn't carry the color that I wanted). I am nervous about this change. I am worried that this may have been another place where I have thrown my money out the window. But in 2 days, my shorts will arrive in the mail and I will have a go at a long run with them. I am hopeful! Crossing fingers for a nice fit, no chaffing and absolutely no riding up.

Once I get my shorts all settled, I'll finally get to throw some combinations together to figure out my Boston Marathon kit.

... but if it snows or the weather is dreary... I don't know what I am going to do! Aaaaaahhhhh!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment