Tuesday, January 27, 2015

I am a Run Commuter!

I have done this a couple times in the past but I have finally found the joy in run commuting. The main piece that I had to overcome was the waking up earlier and the BART/bus ride home. And to do this just once a week, its totally doable!

Here is my typical commute:
Morning:
3.5 mile run to the Bart station (dodging people and poop the entire run there)
0.5 mile run from Bart to the high school

Afternoon:
6.5 mile run from the high school to my apartment

Love running through this beautiful city!


The run home is my favorite part. While there are parts where the cars are just plentiful, I tend to get lost in the jogging that I care little about what the random onlookers think. This run is much more pleasurable than riding Bart to Muni. I started riding my bike to work because the muni buses just are too slow and give me headaches from all of the bumpiness! So the longer run is definitely worth it!

I not only am getting home but I am getting a nice long and hilly run into my week! As long as you plan for this 1 day a week, its completely do-able!

Tips:

  • Plan ahead! 
    • Bring clothes and shoes to work the day before. I have 2 pairs of shoes at my desk, just for these types of occasions!
    • Have second set of makeup at work.
  • Leave for work early/ get to work early!
    • You really need to get to work with plenty of time to spare. Enough time to rest and dry off. Also enough time to primp your hair and get your makeup set for the day.
  • Wipes! Wipes are your best friend! Portable towels that will keep you clean :)

  • La Fresh Travel lite: Antiperspirant Wipes for Women: Your stinky armpits will thank you.
  • Salomon S Lab Advanced Skin Belt or FlipBelt: I have successfully used both. I prefer the Flipbelt (especially if I dont have anything to carry except keys and cards). The Salomon Belt is great if you need to pack clothes that you may not have packed the day before.


That't pretty much all you need! Get out there and get your sweat on! You will feel so refreshed and awake that you wont even need a cup of coffee in the morning! :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment