Friday, January 2, 2015

2015 Resolution

As many do each year, I have finally decided on a new years resolution. This year, I've chosen to do something that can truly help my body thrive.


1 day into my Water Resolution


I've decided to focus on drinking water. Enough water that my body had been needing for years!

I've been plauged by chapped lips and extremely dry skin for all of my life and never tried to do anything about it - other than apply ChapStick and buff off the dead skin. But after being reminded of the necessity of drinking water, especially as a female athlete, I am taking it upon myself to fill up on my daily dose (for my weight and activity level, I believe it is about 95 ounces a day).


My trusty water bottle that will help me keep track of my daily intake

Today and yesterday have not been too difficult but I need to really focus on this once I start back at the high school on Monday. I've been known to go through a whole workday having only had 1 cup of coffee as my sole source of liquids. Being in a different classroom each hour of the school day has made it pretty difficult to drinking any water, let alone carry water around with me throughout the school day. Hopefully, after a full month of conscious effort, drinking water will become second nature. With the help of the Water Your Body app, I am getting my body the optimal amount of water it needs. 



*So far, I've been peeing up a storm!!!

* Note to self: Don't try to compensate for the lack of water during the day late at night... It will lead to waking up multiple times overnight to use the restroom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment