Thursday, May 22, 2014

The worst feeling - DNS

Bronchitis? Something worse?

Just got an x-ray and waiting on my doctor to give me more info about what's going on with my body. I am struggling to run! My lungs are having difficulty breathing with hard exertion. This is SO WEIRD! I've never felt like this before!!!

I was signed up for the Morgan Hill Sprint triathlon last weekend. I was hopeful to push through and compete... but as the day approached... prospects didn't look good.

Not fully accepting of it, I decided not to compete at the race. I was embarrassed. I was upset. I hated the thought. But I decided to take the time to rest and get better and be strong for my next race: Folsom Long Course. I slept all day. I was awake for about 4 hours - the rest I slept. My body  must have needed the rest.

I hope to speak with my doc soon and figure out how to get better so I can feel normal!

No comments:

Post a Comment