Sunday, April 12, 2015

No Sleep til Boston!!!

JK, absolutely there will be lots of sleep! And lots of taper before the race. This whole taper week is so mentally challenging. I've been struggling with it since last week!

Taper is difficult because you know you want to do well at your upcoming race but your mind has a hard time knowing how to get there. Do you limit the amount of training? Do you go easier on workouts? My coach said that the marathon taper is the time where you decrease mileage but you increase intensity. WHAT?! All of last week, I have been worried that I was burning out my legs! I am still worried about it! I ran 12 miles yesterday and a few today, as my training plan marked, but throughout it I have been bombarded by nervous thoughts about this taper and also about the race itself!

I'm a bit of a mess. But I am extremely excited to embark on this insane adventure! I can't believe that I am getting the opportunity to compete in this race! I've got my in-laws flying up to cheer me on! No matter how the race goes, I know for sure that I will love it and enjoy every second of it!

Since its taper week, I got the opportunity to enjoy a cup of espresso with the hubsters :)

No comments:

Post a Comment